Sunday, April 28, 2013

Live, laugh and love

I recently got some stamps from Technique Tuesday that I just love!  For years now my favorite saying has been Live, Laugh, Love.  The perfect words for how I like to live my life.  So for today's card I have used my new stamps as well as the rose image for Simon Says Stamp May Card Kit and some watercolor Crayons.  Here is my card.
 
 
I used my crayons and some water to paint the background dark to light and then I heat embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder.  I also embossed the rose and leaves on vellum and then painted them in with the watercolor crayons, fussy cut them and adhered them to my card.  The card is really stunning in person, the photo really doesn't do it justice.  I am linking this card up to two challenges, The Wonder of Watercolor in the Moxie Fab World and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge.
 
Have a great day!
 
Jamie


5 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!!

Melissa Bove said...

Such a beautiful card! Love that pretty flower and the gold embossing!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Helen F. said...

Fabulous CAS design, Jamie! Sweet flower, love the gold embossing too.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jamie! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

very pretty and elegant...