Monday, July 20, 2015

Top Dog Dies Tutorial

Hi, I have a fun shaker drink tutorial to share with you today.
 
 
I started by scoring my card base every 1/4 inch for about 3/4 of the card.  This just adds a little interest to the card base.
 
 
Next we are going to cut the fun drink from the Party Drinks die set out of the top layer of our card.
 
 
After we have that cut put aside the actual drink cut because we will need that later.  Next die cut the drink again from a rectangle of fun foam just smaller than your top layer.
 
 
Next we are going to adhere the foam rectangle to the card base and fill it with sequins (I like to line up the top layer and the foam layer and then adhere the foam to the card base just so everything will be centered later).
 
 
We are almost done just a couple more steps;)  Adhere a piece of acetate over the foam and then the top layer making sure to line up the opening of the drink.
 
 
Remember how I told you to set the actual drink die cut off to the side?  Now we are going to adhere the die cut in the opening.
 
 
 
Pretty cool!  You can embellish your drink as you choose, I added some glossy accents to make it really look like a glass and a lime wedge to mine.  Here's a closer look.
 
 
Thanks so much for joining me today!  I hope you enjoyed the card and I encouraged you to make your shaker!
 
 
 
 
 
 


 


No comments: